Yogi-isms 洋基棒球明星Yogi Berra名言錄
'Yogi Berra' (Lawrence Peter Berra) 是1940-1950 之間洋基隊的捕手。他的語言技巧遠不如他的接球技術，常以使用矛盾(oxymoron)、重複語詞(tautology)或無意義的話而貽笑大方。
1. A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
2. The future ain't what it used to be. 
3. We have a good time together, even when we're not together. 
4. Never answer an anonymous letter.
5. Always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't go to yours.
6. You have to give 100% in the first half of the game. If that isn't enough, in the second half, you have to give what is left. 
7. At a dinner in an Italian restaurant, he was asked how many slices should be cut in his pizza, and he replied: 'You better make it four; I don't think I could eat eight'. 
8. If I didn't wake up I'd still be sleeping.
9. Mr Bush made a bit of a Yogi-ism himself in saying 'I am shocked to discover that over 90% of our imports come from outside America!'. 
 1, 2都有用成語(isn’t worth a dime毫不值錢; ain’t what it used to be今非昔比)的格言，可是加了Yogi的主詞就不合理，因為比較的兩者本來就不一樣。Nickel:五分(5 cents), dime: 一毛 (10 cents or pennies)。現在的Future 本來就和過去的future不一樣。
 3. interesting oxymoron (矛盾用法)
 4, 5. 怎麼可能？回匿名(anonymous)信? 或期待已過世者參加葬禮。
 6. to give what is left of me: 有傾力而為之意，可是之前Yogi 已經盡100%的力，所以剩下就是零。
 7. Pizza 切幾片總量都是一樣。
 8-9 重複用法(tautology).